Thursday, June 20, 2013

A new start and a new GOAL!!!

So I got a new project.... and I started it!!  Yay!  Usually I am a little more controlled especially when I have 5 other projects and 3 of them have become UFOs... Anyways, I have always wanted to do something for 4th of July because I am really patriotic about my country; because of all the freedoms I am very proud and hopefully more freedoms are abound in the future not just for me but for others here in America and in other countries :D.  I have never really found a piece that called out to me like "Lady of the Flag" from Mirabilia.  I of course, thanks to my new job, was able to get all the items I needed from the pattern to fabric and all the floss and beads!   I had envisioned what fabric would look good because I wanted to see all the details, such as the beads pop off the fabric.  I believe I have chosen the right fabric - 32 count Twilight Blue linen.

Floss Toss:

 
Progress:

 
 
 
Now the goal is to be finished by 4th of July!!  Which is in t-minus 14 days!!!  And the progress is after a few hours like 4ish... Either way this is my new project that I will be working on for the next 14 days.  *crossing fingers* I will finish.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Brandon,
    The fabric is perfect! The colors look lovely on it.
    I'm silently cheering you on. And p.s. I'm a 4th of July girl. And the town where I live, they line the blvd. with flags. Its soooo beautiful. (note to self:" take a pic before they have more budget cuts and eliminate putting them up...)
    ~Narita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello

    Just found your blog.

    Your new start looks great.
    I love the fabric and threads.
    Good luck for finishing by 4th July!

    ReplyDelete